Whenever we hear the word dupatta, an image of a semi- transparent piece of cloth flowing in the air gracefully arises in our mind. Dupatta holds an indispensable place in the ethnic wear and adds to the feminine beauty. It has always graced the traditional clothes, i.e. Salwar Kameez and lehenga in different patterns and styles.
Following are some beautiful and evergreen dupattas which every woman should possess:
• Bandhani dupatta: They are available in different types of colors and designs. Any color bandhani dupatta on white Salwar Kameez is very popular among young girls. When you don’t have a matching dupatta then multi- colored bandhani dupattas will solve your problem.
• Banarasi Silk Dupatta: Banaras is famous for its traditional silk weaving. An intricately designed dupatta from Banaras is apt to carry during festival days to appear more traditional. It is available both in silver and golden zari.
• Booti Dupatta: These dupattas have light and small bootis of embroidery work or stone work on entire fabric. They range between heavy and simple dupattas. Booti dupattas are apt during social gatherings, pre wedding events and family functions.
• Chanderi Dupatta: Chanderi, a district of Madhya Pradesh, is one of the handloom clusters, famous for its traditional Chanderi fabric for dupattas and sarees. The glossy transparency and sheer texture of Chanderi dupatta make it felicitous during the party and festive days in the summers.
• Kutch embroidery Dupatta: It is the traditional hand woven embroidery of Kutch in Gujarat. It uses vibrant color threads to create various designs and motifs and small mirrors are sewn in between to give glaring effect. These dupattas go well with simple suits due to its heavy and colorful work.
• Mirror work Dupatta: Small pieces of mirrors are embroidered with bright color threads on different types of fabrics to give a dazzling gaze. The regular use monotonous color dupatta can be replaced by a light work mirror embroidery dupatta to look appealing.
So, start collecting these dupattas and show the world a new way of dressing by being stylish and traditional at the same time. Retailers now can do wholesale shopping of Dupattas through online wholesalers Wholesalebox.in. Till then stay healthy and keep shopping!!